For most of us (especially us women), our hair means the world.
If it looks dry, lifeless or tangled, we feel self-conscious and unhappy.
Dull hair is a problem that a suprising number of people experience and your chances of experiencing dry hair can increase based on internal and external factors.
In today’s article, we’ll explain what these factors are and give you some actionable tips to help you get rid of dull hair immediately.
Dull Hair + Internal Factors
By internal factors we’re talking about the things going on inside of your body.
Internal factors are often overlooked because people assume that having healthier hair simply comes from adding more products, changing your hair style or switching shampoos.
Whilst these things can have a big impact on your hair, monitoring what’s going on inside your body is probably the best thing you can do to improve your hair’s condition and appearance.
To prevent dull hair it’s imperative that you drink more water, exercise regularly and add more fruits and vegetables to your diet.
Remember your body is a temple!
Dull Hair + External Factors
By external factors we’re referring to the types of things you do on a practical level to make your hair appear healthier.
Some examples of external factors include shampooing, trimming split ends and moisturising your hair with natural oils and products.
The key to gorgeous, beautiful hair is to get the balance right between managing the internal and external factors. This doesn’t have to be complicated, it’s really just a case of taking a few steps on a daily basis to get the balance right.
Now let’s discuss how to get instant results that will help you banish dull hair forever.
How To Get Instant Shine!
1. Drink more water- it works, seriously!
2. Exercise regularly; this will have a big impact on your hair’s condition.
3. Consider taking supplements like Evening Primrose Oil as they’re rich in omega 3 fatty acids which are great for strengthening hair, skin & nails.
4. Get rid of product build-up by washing your hair regularly. For curly, wavy and afro textured hair, shampooing with a sulphate-free shampoo is a great step.
5. Know your ingredients, always read the labels and make sure you’re opting for hair products that are free from harsh chemicals especially those that make your hair greasy without actually moisturising it.
6. Use oils! As we’ve mentioned in previous articles, oils are amazing for your hair. Do your research and make sure that the oils you’re using are not watered down, a lot of so-called natural oils are filled with petroleum so be careful.
Try buying 100% natural oils like Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Coconut Oil and Jojoba Oil. These types of oils will add luster and shine and have a long-term impact on your hair if used regularly.
7. Consider applying oils to your hair just before bedtime and in the morning. Massaging your hair with natural oils usually works a treat.